ICD-10 Code Translator Tool
The ICD-10 code online translator tool allows you to compare ICD-9 to ICD-10 codes.
Conversion Widget (Translate ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes)
Steps to Transition to ICD
The transition to ICD-10 changes the way healthcare professionals practice medicine, which includes physician, nurses, lab, clinical area, administrative staff, billing, and coding. This does not have to be a daunting task if healthcare professionals take a more systematic approach, in other words, do it in steps (e.g., follow a timeline, and work with their vendors). The sooner healthcare professionals start the ICD-10 transition process they will less likely be frustrated and within budget, as opposed to waiting until the final countdown.
Per the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC), there are sixteen successful steps to follow when implementing ICD-10-CM.
1. Organize the implementation effort
2. Develop an ICD-10 communications plan
3. Conduct impact analysis
4. Organize cross-functional efforts
5. Budget development
6. Internal system design and development
7. Develop training plan
8. Contact system vendors implementation planning
9. Phase 1 training
10. Business process analysis
11. Phase 2 education and planning
12. Policy change development
13. Outcomes measurement
14. Deployment of code by vendors to customers
15. Implementation compliance
Interested in more detail regarding the steps to transition to ICD-10?