Physician Practice Management Tips
Our goal is not just to handle our practices’ medical billing and coding but to help them succeed. Below we’ve compiled some physician practice management tips to assist you in improving your practice.
RBRVS Physician Fee Schedules
The new Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) price fee schedules have been released. Click on the links below for the Physician Fee Schedule, CLIA Laboratory Fee Schedule, and the HCPCS Drug Fee Schedule.
- Physician Fee Schedule
- CLIA Laboratory Fee Schedule
- HCPCS-Drug Fee Schedule
- Medicare 2014 Fee Schedules
Recent Developments in Physician Billing
- Compensation Rates Across Multiple Specialties
- Strategies for Getting Paid Appropriately in Family Practice
- Value Based Reimbursement System for Internal Medicine in the Affordable Care Act
Stay up-to-date on the latest news impacting healthcare practice administrators and physicians.
Medical Group Management Association
American Medical Association
Colorado Healthcare Strategy & Management
Colorado Rural Health Center
Health Leaders Media
AMA President’s Blog: On the Road with Dr. Wilson
To learn more about EMR Meaningful Use criteria, visit one of the websites below.
The Official Web Site for the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
Resources of Practice Administrators
American Academy of Healthcare Executives
Healthcare Medical Billing Association
Tools and Tips
Medscape is supported by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services as well as part of WebMD Health Professional network. Medscape offers specialists, primary care physicians, and other health professionals the “integrated medical information and educational tools.”
Some key features Medscape offers:
- Original, professional medical content, including review articles, journal commentary, expert columns, patient education articles, book reviews, and more
- Conference Coverage on leaders who summarize key data and presentations from major medical meetings
- More than 125 medical journals and textbooks
- A total of 1.25 hours of continuing medical education (CME) credit can be earned for any Medscape user registered as a doctor or health care professional.
Medscape accounts are free, and users do not have to be health care professionals to register for them. To register for Medscape go to this link: https://profreg.medscape.com/px/registration.do